Monday, July 20, 2009

What I Know About My Three Sons


Not too much, as it turns out.

As of the date of this post:

- It was an American Sitcom
- Ran for 12 seasons 1960-1971
- B&W for first five seasons
- Color as of 1965-1966 season.
- On film with a laugh track.
- Fred MacMurray shot all his scenes on a very limited amount of days to accommodate his film and golf schedules. The episodes were built around what they could film with him in the time they had.
- Steve Douglas is a widower.
- Mike, Chip & Steve are the sons. I'm not 100% sure on their ages.
- I believe when Mike leaves Steve adopts another son.
- Bub is the boy's Grampa, played by William Frawley. He is the "mom" of the house.
- Bub is replaced by Uncle Charlie after a few seasons.
- Steve marries a woman played by Beverly Garland. This happens in the late 60's/ early 70's.
- All the boys get married and, I think, have kids of their own.
- When I watched it as a kid, I remember it being very much in the Leave It To Beaver-style of sitcoms. Not without its charms but never really all that funny or fascinating. But, 12 years! C'mon!

There is plenty of extra information on the My Three Sons page on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Three_Sons) but I'm trying to ignore it.

Some of the info I know may be wrong. If so, I'll correct myself as we go.

Well, that's what I know. Let's go to the first episode of My Three Sons...

No comments:

Post a Comment