Monday, August 3, 2009

1.4.: Countdown


All right, after this episode, I think we are onto something. We had a dramatic episode followed by something more slapstick-filled, then another dramatic one and then another running-around one. I like this set-up. I wonder if this is the way the show will continue to go as it grows?

Countdown - A superb episode. Well-paced, well-written, well-directed, acted with great verve and some funny moments. Everyone gets something to do. Mike is studious. Robbie yells a lot. Chip has a wonderful curiosity to him as he stares at a rocket launch on TV. Bub keeps the house running. Steve keeps the boys moving. And, there is some excellent suspense in here, too.

This might seem disappointing but that's all I'm going to tell you. Rent the DVD (or buy it or track it down) and watch it. The less you know, the more clever it is.

You'll enjoy it. Trust me. Maybe sometime in the future, I'll go in-depth. But, not now.

Next episode: Slapstick or dramatic? I'm here for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment