Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Slow Sons

Yes, I have been very slow with this. I apologize. I am going to try to get back on track now.

I've had three problems:

1) Other writing. These blog is a lark and an experiment. When my other work (like Bleeding Skull) comes up, it gets first dibs on my time.

2) My DVD-R. I am watching Season One from a series of Uncut episodes aired on Canadian TV Land. I chose these because they have the original music in them, unlike the commercially released DVDs (which are awesome otherwise). My disc with episodes 10-18 is screwy. If you click on the individual boxes for the first two episodes, it takes you there. The other 7 boxes takes you to the middle of Episode 2 every time. So, you have to chapter jump ahead but it's all on EP so some spots jump ahead five minutes, others take you ahead by three episodes. None of the chapter stops are at the beginning of episodes, too. And, fast forwarding, since it's EP, can throw you to the end of the disc in seconds. I don't know the episodes good enough to know where to stop. Laziness on my part? Possibly. But, the disc is annoying.

3) No hindsight. With a movie, you're seeing the full piece. With a TV show, each episode is a chunk. It's much easier to talk about episodes of a show when you know everything. (Have a look at my Green Acres reviews for that.) With My Three Sons, I know up to the point that I'm reviewing so I can only make vague guesses as to the future and the past I have with the show is severely limited. Hence, some reviews end up being "Here's what happened and it was pretty good." I try to do more but, sometimes, that's all I can do.

Excuses? Sure. But, I will try to be more diligent in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment